What you should do when your home has been damaged
by a fire, windstorm or another catastrophe
- Call Us. Reporting your damage starts the claim process. Once
you have reported your damage, a claim adjuster will contact you
as soon as possible. Please call us toll-free.
- American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida, 1.877.459.6075
- American Reliable Insurance Company, 1.800.245.1505
- American Security Insurance Company, 1.800.326.2845
- Standard Guaranty Insurance Company, 1.800.326.2845
- Voyager Indemnity Insurance Company, 1.800.245.1505
- Voyager Property & Casualty Insurance Company, 1.877.459.6075
- Emergency Repairs. Without risking your own safety, take
steps to prevent further damage. Boarding up broken windows, waterproofing
openings in the roof or walls and removing water from a saturated
carpet, if possible, can significantly reduce subsequent damage.
Keep an accurate record of your repair expenditures. Take photos.
- Protect Personal
Property. Protect your personal property from further damage.
Separate items that may be cleaned and/or repaired. If you have this
line of coverage with us, check with your claim adjuster before discarding
any items that you plan to claim as damaged.
- Temporary Housing. If you can no longer live in your home, find temporary housing
for your family. If you have this line of coverage with us, do not
enter into long-term leases until you talk to a claim representative.
Keep all receipts associated with temporary housing, meals and other
- Inventory. If you have this line of coverage with us,
prepare a room-by-room inventory of your damage and your damaged
property. Descriptions of damaged property should include brand
names, model numbers, age, purchase price and place of purchase.